Garth Group is a global entity, selling products in more than 30 countries worldwide and an international network of partners. Our experienced team has been recruited from across the globe, bringing knowledge and expertise in design, engineering, manufacture, marketing, logistics and retail. Having recently joining one of world’s leading supermarket giants, we continue to seek customer diversification and product innovation.
Find out more about Garth here.
About the position
Garth Europe is seeking a dynamic and versatile Bookkeeper to oversee European finance and accounting requirements. Garth Europe Bv is a Dutch-based entity which is part of the Garth Group, although the successful candidate will join the Spanish Finance Department based in Gijón, Asturias.
Reporting directly to the European Sales and Operations Manager in Gijón, the Bookkeeper will also work closely and in parallel with the Garth Group Financial Controller, based in Australia. Direction and leadership will be provided to ensure the successful financial performance of Garth Europe Bv. and the wider Garth Group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of efficient, timely and accurate management accounting services and the development and distribution of performance information to support decision making.
- Full responsibility and ownership of monthly financial reporting, including but not limited to: P&L preparation, cash flow forecasting, balance sheet, budget to actual variance analysis and other management accounting reports.
- Full responsibility and ownership of annual financial accounts and liaison with the tax accountants.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow forecasting reports.
- Full responsibility and ownership of the internal costing model.
- Management of statutory compliance functions.
- Provision of high-level financial support to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Preparation, management and oversight of organisational budget creation, implementation and review.
- Assistance with planning and analysis of specific projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Establishment and implementation of systems and processes, as required, to ensure a smooth running and efficient financial operation is maintained.
- Management and supervision of accounts receivable/payable functions and acting as a backup when required.
- Assistance in developing and maintaining appropriate risk management processes.
- Other duties as directed by the Sales and Operations Manager.
What’s on offer
- An attractive salary.
- Working with a small vibrant team, where input on all aspects of the business is sought and valued.
- Flexible working options.
The successful candidate will have
- A high level of English.
- Proven stakeholder management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Commerce or a related discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of month-end deliverables and accounting and finance practices and processes.
- Strong presentation skills that can be adapted to suit the audience.
- A positive and flexible can-do attitude with the ability to handle multiple activities.
- Practical and creative approaches to providing analysis and problem solving.
- An advocate of change with high levels of motivation for self and others.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to analyse data and management information to provide useful insights into drivers of performance and to enable fact-based decisions.
- Strong computer skills – MS Office and UNIT 4 or similar ERP systems.
How to apply
Interested? If you have any questions, please contact Derya by email (below) or via mobile: +34 623 198 263.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter (in English or Spanish) to Derya Demirci de la Fuente, European Sales and Operations Manager, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org